Wednesday, January 29, 2014

WIP Wednesday: Blooming Stitch Shawl


Looking through the photos of the projects I finished last year, I realized most of them were lacking color. Mostly it was shades of grey or brown or really dark. I'm so ready for Spring and Summer right now! I really want to knit with yarns with more color this year!

I started the Blooming Stitch Shawl last week in a bright cheery pink. This is an Estonian lace shawl. I looked through the pattern and thought this shawl was going to be a breeze. It's an Estonian lace shawl without any nupps in it! The Blooming Stitch didn't seem too difficult. I was wrong. The blooming stitch is crazy fussy. Making sure my stitches stay in line and don't stray out of order requires careful attention. It also shows and is quite noticable if you don't get it right. I'm hoping that the more blooming stitches I get through, the easier and quicker this process will become, but I have my doubts about that. Good thing they are so pretty or I wouldn't even bother with all their fussiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment