Wednesday, April 30, 2014

WIP Wednesday

I am absolutely in love with my new project.

I started this last week. It's Motte Shawl from Twist and Knit Collection 1. Motte means Moth in German. Yuck! I rather like to think of the pretty motif as butterflies flying. I've adored this pattern for a rather long time, but just didn't feel any of the yarns in my stash would do the pattern justice.

Recently, I bought yarn from Neeley's Knits, and I realized that this lovely DK BFL yarn was perfect for this pattern!  I love the combination! This is my first time working with BFL (I have some in my stash, but have never used it yet.). It's so soft and luxurious. I love this grey color with tiny hints of blue in it.


I also wound up yarn for my next knitting project for the Pendulum KAL! Yay! The official start date is tomorrow! I decided to use BMFA STR Lightweight yarn in the colorways A Hazy Shade of Blue (on the left) and Stonewash (on the right). I'm so excited and can't wait to start! I have my pattern printed out and my needles ready to go! I should probably read through the pattern again.

No comments:

Post a Comment