Thursday, October 10, 2013

Birnam Woods Stole



Pattern: Birnam Woods Stole from Knitspot

Yarn: The Woolen Rabbit Opulence in Blue Moon

Needles: US Size 4 and US Size 6

Started on: Oct. 1st

Finished on: Oct. 8th

Comments/Modifications: The only reason that this project got finished so quickly was because I was sick with a cold and took a few days off of work. In between napping, I was working on this stole. This is my my October LKA Challenge.

I knit a custom size. I knit the tall width and I knit 9 repeats of Section A, 1 repeat of Section B, and 5 repeats of Section C per side. The pattern was straightforward. However, there were a couple of tricky parts (the hem construction and the grafting of the center) that required careful attention.

The yarn I used was The Woolen Rabbit Opulence in Blue Moon. I love the color of this yarn. It has a really beautiful shine to it. It is really addicting to knit with. The yarn is soft like butter and so luxuriously wonderful. I have a few more skeins of this yarn in my stash. Even so, I really want more of it.

Overall, I really enjoyed knitting the pattern. I think the pattern and yarn really complimented each other and the results is wonderfully beautiful. I am keeping this stole for myself.



1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful job you did on this shawl!! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete