Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Garter Rib Baby Blanket


Pattern: Garter Rib Baby Blanket

Yarn: Dream in Color Classy in Beach Fog

Needles: US Size 7

Started on: July 3rd

Finished on: July 21st

Comments/Modifications: I knit this blanket as written. I love the way that it turned out. It's a great mindless pattern that's easily memorized and works well with variegated yarns. I love the softness of Dream in Color yarns and the color ways that it comes in. The only issue I have is that Dream in Color doesn't offer dye lots. Out of the three skeins I bought, one of them looks very different than the other two. I decided to alternate skeins. This was my first time ever alternating skeins for a project. I alternated every four rows and then carried the other yarn up the side. The only annoying thing with this technique is that my two skeins of yarns kept getting tangled. Overall, I think it was effective and you can't really see that there was a difference in one of the skeins versus the other two. The blanket came out slightly smaller than I expected. It's still a very soft and nice blanket. I think the pattern and yarn work well together.

No comments:

Post a Comment