Wednesday, July 9, 2014

WIP Wednesday: Distracted

Lately I've been distracted from my stash dash basket. I knew a lot of my friends are having babies between June and December of this year, but it just occurred to me that I should probably be knitting some items for said babies. Some of these babies have already been born, so I'm a bit behind!

So the first project I'm adding to my stash dash basket is a garter rib baby blanket. I'm going to swap out the Morning Glory stole as it doesn't seem like I'll have enough time to get it done.

I'm really happy with the way this blanket is turning out. It's a wonderful mindless knitting project. I'm using Dream in Color Classy. While, I love how squishy this yarn is and the colorways it comes in, it is annoying that they don't have dye lots. I bought three skeins of this colorway online and one skein is distinctly different than the other two. I've run into this problem before, so now I check my skeins more carefully before I start a project. This is my first time attempting to alternate skeins. I'm alternating skeins every 4 rows and then carrying the yarn up the side. It is annoying that my two skeins keep tangling with each other, but hopefully this will solve the issue and it won't be noticeable that the skeins are slightly different colors.

The second distraction is something that a friend drew my attention to a few days ago. It's an organization that collects knitted baby birds nests for local wildlife rehabilitation centers. They need knitted nests from April - August. Since August is quickly approaching and my knitting time has been severely cut down, due to real life getting in the way, this is now my primary focus. After reading about the program and guidelines as far as yarn goes; I know I have some yarn that will be perfect for this! I  plan on making at least two nests.

No comments:

Post a Comment