Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Irene Adler


Pattern: Irene Adler designed by Through the Loops

Yarn: Malabrigo Lace in Mrs. Dalloway

Needles: US Size 5

Started on: Sept. 6th

Finished on: Sept. 19th

Comments: This is my "I" shawl for the Lace A-Z Challenge. This blog post is a bit late because I wanted to make sure the recipient received the shawl before blogging about it.

This was quite a challenging knit. The yarn was a sticky laceweight single ply, which made it difficult to frog and easy to accidentally drop stitches. The yarn also tangles easily due to the stickiness, so I had to be extra careful when handling the yarn.

When you reach the lace section, there aren't really any rest rows. So it's patterning on both sides. It took a lot of concentration and I had to refer to the charts all the time. Despite all of this, there's something to be said about patterns like this. Something that's zen about needing to focus all your energy and thought on one thing one project. It felt like a good exercise in concentration. It's nice that it's all done. I think I will miss working on it, just a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment