Wednesday, September 9, 2015

WIP Wednesday

Oh lace shawl knitting, how I've missed you. It feels good to get back into knitting with lace weight after knitting a few socks.

I originally got this yarn in a yarn club in 2011. The bright pink isn't me at all. So I put it aside and let it sit. Now, 4 years later, the yarn still isn't quite me, but it's grown on me.

The yarn is Malabrigo, while I love their worsted weight yarn, I find their lace weight to be more fiddly. It's single ply and thick and thin in places and tends to be quite sticky. The sticky-ness of it is what gives the most challenge. I have to be extra careful when frogging or tinking back with this yarn. That being said,  I do love the colors that Malabrigo offers. Also their yarn has a certain lovely airy lightness to it.

I'm really enjoying working on this shawl, even more than I thought I would. The pattern and yarn play so nicely together. I find myself stopping every so often, to smooth it out and admire it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment