Friday, June 24, 2016

100



I finished 100 squares in my sock yarn scraps blanket. My plan is to knit 336 squares, so I have quite a ways to go. I'm 29% of the way done with the blanket.

See the ends on the left. Those are the only ends I have left. I've been tucking the ends away as I knit. So kind of the way you do colorwork. As I pick up a new block of stitches and knit the first row, I will wrap the old yarn of the previous block around the new yarn and carry it in the back until the little tail of the old yarn is tucked away. It's worked really well. This was a great early tip I got from a friend who also has knitted this blanket. All the ends on the left will get dealt with when I add new squares to that side.

To give my blanket more variety, I have added in new balls of yarn that I have not used yet. I only add balls that I plan on eventually making socks out of for me (or my Mom or friends). (My Mom and most of my friends and) I have small feet, so I know it does not take an entire ball of yarn to knit a pair of socks. I only have to be careful not to use any sock yarn that is planned for DH. Because his feet are bigger, it might actually take an entire ball of yarn to knit a pair of socks for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment