Wednesday, June 15, 2016

WIP Wednesday

 I am trying to avoid second sock syndrome, so I have two second socks on the needles.

The top sock is a plain K3, P1 rib sock.

The bottom sock is Neeley's Knits yarn in the sparkle sock base in the colorway Jade Teacup. The pattern is Kelp designed by Cookie A. It was originally published as Cookie's Summer Sox and is still available for free. I think the pay pattern is just if you want more sizes.

All I've been knitting lately are socks and my memory blanket. I really started to crave and miss knitting lace and shawls. So I decided to ease my way back into lace/shawl knitting.

I picked the Wildes Meer shawl because it's very pretty, but is small and looks like it will knit up quickly. It calls for fingering weight yarn and has one of my favorite features - a knitted on border.

I'm so excited about this shawl.... I can't wait to finish it! I did have one false start due to my own fault and being rusty since I haven't knit lace or shawls in awhile. I'm on track now so it's all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment