Friday, February 14, 2014

FO Friday: Blooming Stitch Shawl


Pattern: Blooming Stitch Shawl from Mary White

Yarn: Blue Moon Fiber Arts Laci in Rose Quartz

Needles: US Size 5

Started on: Jan. 20th

Finished on: Feb. 6th

Modifications/Comments: This is my "B" in my Lace A-Z Project. I knit the larger size. I learned how to make a blooming stitch/star stitch. It was a lot more fussy and complicated than I expected it to be. I also had to learn single crochet and how to cast off using crochet. Someone on Rav had a link to a great youtube video that showed me how it was done. It wasn't difficult, but at the same time I don't think I could have learned it without an instructional video. I'm also very slow at crocheting, so it took some time to complete the bind off.

The shawl is kind of crescent shaped, I found it weird and tricky to block. I'm not sure I got it blocked exactly the way I like. I think the pattern and yarn worked well together. I have a ton of yarn leftover which will be used for another shawl in the near future. The actual yarn is much pinker than the photo shows. It's hard to catch the yarn's true color. Overall, I am pleased with how it turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment