Wednesday, February 5, 2014

WIP Wednesday: Crochet

There's no photographic evidence, but today I learned a bit more about crocheting. A friend taught me to single crochet a few years ago, but I don't quite remember how to do it. And I guess chain stitching is what we do with provisional cast ons.

I started casting off the Blooming Stitch Shawl. This is my first time casting off using a crochet technique. It's a bit daunting to try something new when you've invested so much time in knitting something. I keep worrying that I'm going to mess up this bind off and then all that work will be wasted if something goes wrong. After much searching, I found a great video tutorial on how to do this bind off. I think after a few loops, I finally got the hang of it. Hopefully there will be photographic evidence in my next blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment