Friday, June 27, 2014

Basket Dash

Stash Knit Down group on Rav is having a Basket Dash from July 1st to Aug 31st. The goal is to fill a basket with yarn or WIPs that you want to complete over the course of the two months. Then knit solely from the basket until all the projects are complete.


1) Elizabeth Shawl - I just finished Chart 6 out of 8. This is my primary knitting right now. This is so close to being done I can taste it! I love this Periwinkle Sheep Wink Lace yarn. It's hard to see in this photo but there are little sparkly bits in it.



2) One Row Handspun scarf - This is my mindless knitting project. It knits up super quickly when it gets worked on. This is Cascade 220 yarn.



3) Romney Kerchief shawl - This is also using Cascade 220 yarn from 2006. I am halfway done with this shawl as I've already used up the first ball of yarn. This also goes pretty quickly when I actually work on it. I memorized the pattern for this already.



4) Leaf Evolution - I'll probably work on this one once the Elizabeth shawl is done. This is using leftover yarn from when I knit the Norwegian Woods shawl a few years ago. The yarn is Blue Moon Fiber Arts Laci in Bleck.


5) Fall Line Scarf - This requires some concentration and I have to rely on looking at the chart. This knits up fairly quickly as it's DK weight and there's only 150 yards per skein of yarn. This yarn is Malabrigo Silky Merino. It's super soft and feels like knitting with butter.


6) Morning Glory Stole - I haven't worked on this at all. I think this will be the last project I work on out of the six. I love this Kent DK yarn, it's my favorite out of all the Bare Naked Wool yarns I've tried. I also have a thing for neutral colors now.


No comments:

Post a Comment