Monday, June 30, 2014

Elizabeth Shawl


Pattern: Elizabeth Shawl

Yarn: The Periwinkle Sheep Wink Lace in Thunderstorm

Needles: US Size 4

Started on: June 17th

Finished on: June 28th

Comments/Modifications: This is my first project finished for the basket dash. It's also my "E" for my Lace A-Z project. I love the color of this yarn. It's also got pretty sparkly silver bits throughout the shawl. The pattern was straightforward and intuitive to knit, even though I had to refer to the charts constantly. The shawl pattern is also nice as it doesn't have many repeating charts. This helps to keep things interesting. I really love the size it turned out to be. There was a little bit of a nail biter at the end as I was beginning to worry that I might run out of yarn. Luckily that didn't happen, I also love feeling like I used up as much of the ball of yarn as possible (without running out). I love this shawl and can't wait to wear it.

1 comment: