Wednesday, August 27, 2014

WIP Wednesday


I actually knit the Little Iris shawl to completion awhile back, but realized the tension in my cast on row was too tight. It really bothered me and I knew it wouldn't block to the proportions I want (as large as possible) and  I wouldn't wear it because this issue annoyed me a great deal. Yet I still really loved the yarn and pattern combination, so it sat in time out for a few months.

Last week, I decided I was ready to face this shawl again and re-started the shawl. It is knitting up very quickly since the construction is bottom to top, so there will be less and less stitches the more rows I knit. Plus I've already completed the hem section which has the more challenging lace in it. I've already checked the bottom of the shawl several times to make sure it's loose and stretchy enough. 

No comments:

Post a Comment