Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Moose Xmas Stocking


 Pattern: Moose Xmas Stocking from Annie's Woolens

Yarn: Yarn that came with the kit. 

Needles: US Size 6 and US Size 8

Started on: Oct. 2nd

Finished on: Oct. 21st

Comments: You probably thought I forgot about knitting holiday stockings! Nope! I'm so proud that I was able to take a break from them and then go back to working on them again. It's like I'm an adult and can actually commit to finishing something I started. Yay! I've done three stockings and have one to go! I can't believe I'm ahead of schedule and it seems like I'm going to get all these stockings done before Xmas. 

It really helps that I've made a few now, each additional one I make goes faster (when I'm actually knitting on them and not distracted by other patterns). Something unexpected happened while knitting these stockings. It's sparked a renewed interest in me for knitting socks. I have so much sock yarn, most of which was purchased in the first few years I learned to knit. So it's a great benefit to actually knit up some sock yarns in my stash. 

Another awesome, my mom bought me shoes recently and they are perfect for showing off my hand knit socks! So now I have even more reason to knit socks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment