Friday, October 17, 2014

Retro Rib socks


Pattern: Retro Rib socks from Favorite Socks from Interweave Knits

Yarn: Neeley's Knits Once Upon A Time Inspired Evil Queen self striping sock yarn

Needles: US size 2

Started on: Sept. 28th

Finished on: Oct. 16th

Comments/Modifications: I knit the cuff as written. I used the basic sock construction I always use and have memorized and just used the Retro Rib stitch pattern from this book for the rest of the sock.

I've only knit with self striping yarn one other time that I can remember. I see now how addicting it can be. I love seeing each new color appear (even after discovering the order in which the colors will stripe). I didn't get these socks to match exactly, but it's pretty close. I love these socks so much, I'm still wearing them now!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the socks! AND THEY MATCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously, the only self-striping pair of socks I've ever made that matched was totally by accident. The harder I try, the worse they get.

    ReplyDelete