Friday, May 8, 2015

The Plan

I decided I want to start a blanket, it's been awhile since I made one. Of course this thought occurs to me in May when it's almost summer and makes no sense to work on a wool blanket in hot weather. I searched and searched and finally decided that Log Cabin is the way to go. I'm not really in love with the traditional log cabin blanket. I found the Paintbox Log Cabin pattern which is based on the original one with a slight twist. It's made of squares and then has a border.

I don't really know how much yarn or how big it's going to be, but I know I have the perfect yarn in my stash. Dream in Color Classy 4 skeins of each of the 5 colors I plan on using. Although I did purchase some black yarn for the border (color # 6), as I didn't have that in my stash already.

To start I'm going to make 20 squares. I even drew up a plan. I think the goal will be to try to knit a square a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment