Saturday, December 26, 2015

Frosted Glass Hat



Pattern: Frosted Glass Hat designed by Elena Nodel

Yarn: Neeley's Knits DK in Frozen inspired Anna

Needles: US Size 3 and US Size 6

Started on: Dec. 23rd

Finished on: Dec. 25th

Comments/ Modifications: The only modification I made was I used size 3 needles for the brim because I didn't have size 4 needles on 16 inch circulars. Otherwise I knit the pattern as written.

This was an unplanned knit It's been cold here the past few days and I saw a friend make this hat. And I had to have one. I was surprised at how fast I could knit this considering the amount of cabling involved. This is the most cabling I've done in a long time or maybe even ever. I love the way cables look, but I tend not to knit them, because I'm so slow at cabling. I have to constantly refer to the pattern, to make sure which type of cable I'm doing and that I'm executing it correctly. Then the actual cabling take a long time too, because I have to get my cable knitting needle out and make awkward movements to make sure I don't drop stitches etc.

That being said, I still really enjoyed this knit. And I love Neeley's Knits yarns! I rarely make or wear hats, but when I have made them, usually the yarn is itchy or uncomfortable. But Neeley's Knits yarns are so soft and not itchy at all. I love wearing the hat. And even my girls love the hat and have been asking to wear it. Haha... I think I'm going to make another one soon too, since it was so fast and enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment