Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Tulips Cardigan


Pattern: Tulips designed by the Dream in Color Team

Yarn: Neeley's Knits in the Sparkle sock base Reading Rainbow Gradient yarn set and Mountain Colors Bearfoot in Light Grey

Needles: US Size 5

Started on: Jan. 17th

Finished on: Feb. 1st

Comments/Modifications: This is my first sweater! I made a ton of modifications. The pattern calls for using worsted weight yarn and I really wanted to use my fingering weight Rainbow Gradient.

So I knit the 6 year old size - hoping it would end up being a 4 year old size.

The pattern calls for size 7 needles and I used size 5 needles.

I knit my stripes wider. I changed colors every 18 rows.

I didn't particularly care for the border in the pattern, so I did a K2, P2 border.

I've always been intimidated by garment knitting, so this was a good experience. I didn't swatch, but As I knit the first stripe, I could measure it and do the math, because I knew I had seven colors. So I could estimate how long it was  should be overall, and do the math, for how many stripes I needed. It was pretty straightforward. And because the garment is for a toddler, it wasn't a lot of knitting when I had to rip back. Overall, I really enjoyed knitting this. It was fun to knit because of all the stripes. I would get excited every time I hit a new color. I'm really pleased with how it turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment