Thursday, November 20, 2014

WIP Wednesday on a Thursday

Somehow Wednesday eluded me, so today I bring you WIP Wednesday on a Thursday.



Fellowship! the shawl - I absolutely love knitting on this shawl. I think this is just what I needed. I've been wanting to get back into shawl knitting again after my brief hiatus. I love the whole concept of this shawl. It  is designed with the inspiration of LOTR. There are nine sections each named/designed after each of the nine characters in the Fellowship of the Rings. I'm also using Neeley's Knits Gradient Yarn The Golden Compass. The shawl doesn't repeat and because I'm using gradient yarns the color changes so I'm not likely to get bored knitting this. I've already finished two sections: Boromir and Legolas. I'm currently working on Gimli.




Gilmore Girls socks - I'm still plugging away on my Gilmore Girls socks. These are coming along slowly, but surely. At least I'm working on the second sock now! K3, P1 is my favorite kind of ribbing.



Garter Rib socks - I just started these socks. This is the first time I've knit socks where I will be using a different yarn for the cuff, heel and toes then the rest of the sock. I really like how sparkly this yarn is.

No comments:

Post a Comment