Wednesday, November 5, 2014

WIP Wednesday



I started my Gilmore Girls socks, since these colors scream Fall. This is more self striping yarn from Neeley's Knits. (I told you I'm addicted now.) I learned my lesson from last time. I started this first sock by pulling out the yarn to the next color in the yarn and then cutting it. So I know I'm starting at the beginning of a new color. I didn't do this last time with my evil queen socks. I just started knitting at the beginning. So when it came time to start sock # 2, I had to guestimate where I should start in the color. I got it pretty close, but it wasn't exact. Fall is probably my least favorite season, so I'm hoping knitting these socks will get me into better spirits about the season.

The second sock I'm working on is also yarn from Neeley's Knits. This is Once Upon A Time inspired yarn in the Fairy Tale colorway. I can't decide if these are too girly or just the right amount of girly for me. Either way, I think this Corded Rib pattern from my SKS book seems to fit it quite well.

No comments:

Post a Comment