Thursday, January 22, 2015

Garter Rib Blanket

It took almost 2 months, but it's finally done! I'm so happy this is off the needles. This is my first finished object of 2015!


Pattern: Garter Rib Blanket by Orange Flower Yarn

Yarn: Neeley's Knits DK in Elsa's Ice Castle

Needles: US Size 7

Started on: Nov. 26, 2014

Finished on: Jan. 18, 2015

Comments/Modifications: I wanted this blanket to be large so I cast on 141 stitches to make it wider. I knit this pattern until I was close to running out of yarn. I used almost 5 skeins of yarn.

The recipient loves the blanket and in the second photo you can see how the recipient has decided to use her new blanket. The yarn was lovely to work with and the result is a warm and snuggly blanket.

I'm glad to have this one off the needles. It feels like a huge relief. It was getting heavy to knit with and this was a very big project for me. I can't wait to get some other smaller projects on the needles.

No comments:

Post a Comment