Wednesday, January 7, 2015

WIP Wednesday

This past weekend I cut my finger, so there'll be no knitting for a couple of weeks.

I can show you my progress on the projects before the incident.

Cluaranach - I  just started this. I was just getting momentum on this project. I'm using Bare Naked Wools in Breakfast Blend in Cream N Sugar.

Garter Stitch Blanket - I'm a little over 60% done with this blanket. It's gonna be huge! Just the way I want it to be! I'm using 5 skeins of yarn in two different dye lots. I started the first two balls alternating skeins every few rows. It made the progress very slow and I started putting this project in time out because it was annoying to keep untangling the balls of yarn. I would work on other projects instead.

Also because I have 5 balls of yarn, I wouldn't be able to alternate skeins the entire way through. I decided I didn't care anymore to alternate them. I started to just knit with one ball of yarn all the way through. You can clearly see the mark where I changed to a new ball, but it doesn't bother me.

The intended recipient has already exclaimed how much she loves the blanket and has on multiple occasions asked if she could use it already. This is motivating me to finish it faster. I'm also determined to use every drop of this yarn that I can because I love the squishy softness of this Neeley's Knits in Elsa's Ice Castle color way.

Stupid cut...heal faster... I've got knitting to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment