Friday, April 17, 2015

Basket Dash

I decided to participate in the basket dash that is being hosted in the stash knit down group on rav. It started on April 15th, but I figure better late then never. The goal is to fill a basket with yarn and WIPs and try to finish knitting everything in your basket by June 30th.

Here's my basket.


Here's what's inside. Maybe because we are full on into Spring now, everything I'm knitting is light colored and cheery looking. 


Let's take a closer look. Of course the first two projects I'm working on are the ones that haven't been started. In fact, I haven't even finished winding yarn for them. I plan on knitting two Darwinia dresses for my two girls. I don't think I'll need to use up all three balls of yarn for each dress. I think it will take two and a half balls for the bigger dress and maybe a little over two balls of yarn for the smaller dress. 


After that, I plan on focusing on my "G" shawl for the Lace A-Z challenge. This is the Glenallen shawl. Yes, that's a mega ball of yarn. The majority of it will go into this shawl. I think I'll have just a little bit leftover after this shawl is done. 


When the "G" shawl is done, I will work on my "H" shawl for the Lace A-Z challenge. This is the Holbrook shawl. I've gotten the boring part of the shawl done, all that's left is the knitted on edging. I think it may take an entire ball of yarn to finish the edging, you know, that skein of yarn that I have not wound yet. Knitted on edgings are deceptive, it feels so close to being finished, yet they take a long time to knit and they use up a lot more yarn then you would expect.


Last but not least, I have to finish Cluaranach. The first half is finished and you can see I folded it up in the photo. I still have the second half to knit, which will take up almost the entire ball of yarn. 


If I finish everything I'll add more yarn and projects. I'm not even sure if I can realistically finish all these five items. I remain very optimistic. I really am looking forward to working on all these projects and even more so to finishing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment