Sunday, April 26, 2015

Darwinia

I've never had the desire to knit baby clothing. I enjoyed knitting Milo so much and there seems to be many cleverly constructed seamless garments out there, I'm afraid I may be a bit addicted. This one is Darwinia which is also designed by Georgie Hallam. I find her instructions to be clear and easy to follow.

Here are the details of my knit:

Pattern: Darwinia designed by Georgie Hallam - Baby Doll dress version

Yarn: Madelinetosh Tosh DK in Rose

Started on: April 17th

Finished on: April 22nd

This is my first completed item from basket dash! I knit the pattern as written. It was another very fast knit, which can explain one of the reasons I'm now addicted to knitting baby clothing. This was a risky knit as it was the first time I've ever knit a garment for DD # 1. I have no idea if she wear it or even will like it.

I tried to tip the scales in favor of her liking the dress by finding the perfect shade of girly pink in a luxurious yarn. This actually meant I went out to buy yarn, because I didn't have exactly what I wanted in my stash. I also did one other thing which I will share in my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment