Friday, April 15, 2016

Dancing Bunnies Socks

 Pattern: None - plain vanilla stockinette socks over 64 stitches

Yarn: Gale's Art in Sock Yarn Blank Dancing Bunnies

Needles: US Size 1.5 DPNs

Started on: April 4th

Finished on: April 14th

Comments: This is pair # 7 for the year. I'm almost caught up. My goal is to knit two pairs of socks per month. I still need to finish one more this month. Hopefully I can reach that goal.

The yardage on this yarn is very generous (463 yards) and I have small feet. So I knew I wouldn't run out of yarn, if I took off the purple on the top. I wanted to start knitting the bunnies right away. I forgot to make a note of how much I wound off/ where I started. So when it came to the second sock, I tried to guess how much to wind off to make matching socks. I was off by quite a bit. But for non self striping socks, I don't really mind that they don't match.

I found the yarn itself to be really soft and nice, but incredibly splitty. So it wasn't as mindless as I would like. I kept having to keep an eye on it because I would constantly split the yarn, then have to tink back to make sure I was knitting the entire strand of yarn. That being said, I am smitten and love the beautiful patterns/stenciled designs in the yarn. It's so fun to see how it will knit up.

No comments:

Post a Comment