Thursday, April 21, 2016

Vivid Blanket Project

I love granny squares, but alas, I do not crochet. I came across, Vivid, a knit blanket pattern designed by Tin Can Knits, and it reminded me of granny squares. So I decided to make it.

Well actually, my plan is to make 3 blankets (one for each girl and one for myself). I noticed every year around summer time, I get restless or maybe it's just daydreaming in the good weather. Either way I end up with lofty goals/ ideas and crave knitting large projects.

Luckily, my stash is extensive, so I already have enough yarn to make all three blankets.  I was originally planning to make the ever popular Hue Shifts Blanket, but since I haven't started it, I can repurpose the yarn for this project. DD # 1 is really into being matchy matchy with her sister. So the plan is to make two identical blankets. The third blanket which will be for me will be in the same yarn, but different colors.

The first photo shows yarn for one blanket. The yarn is Knitpicks Brava in Sports weight. The top two yarns are for the border. I'll need to buy more of that color to make the entire border. That colorway is Dove Heather.  From left to right the colors are: Tranquil, Sky, Custard, Blush, Cotton Candy and Lady Slipper.

I've finished three squares so far. My current goal is to make 48 squares. So that means I will need eight squares out of each of the six different colors.

I started with Cotton Candy. And in the photo, the squares aren't blocked yet, which is why they aren't laying flat. I really like the way these look. It actually takes quite a bit of time to knit one square. So this is definitely a long term project.

No comments:

Post a Comment