Wednesday, April 6, 2016

WIP: Sock blank



I started knitting vanilla socks from the Dancing Bunnies sock yarn blank. The first picture only shows half of the sock blank. The second picture shows the full sock blank. So you can see how it's possible to get two close to identical socks if you wanted to.


I wanted to start knitting the bunnies right away.  I also have tiny feet. So I knew I could cut out the first purple section and part of the white section and still have enough yarn left to knit the socks for myself. (Don't worry the purple and white section I cut out won't go to waste. I saved them so that they will be knit into my sock yarn memory blanket.)

I love how cute the bunnies are on this sock blank. The blips of yellow, pink and purple are how the bunnies knit up into the sock. It's fun to see how the pops of color will appear on the sock.

No comments:

Post a Comment