Friday, September 26, 2014

FO Friday: Holiday Evergreen Xmas Stocking


Pattern: Holiday Evergreen Xmas Stocking from Annie Woolens

Yarn: Bartlettyarns in Light Sheep grey, Spruce Heather and Cranberry that came with the kit

Needles: US Size 6 - 16 in. circulars and US Size 8 - 16 in. circulars

Started on: Sept. 9th

Finished on: Sept. 20th

Comments/Modifications: I knit this as written. There are two options in the pattern for heels and toes. I chose to do the short heel. This was my first real time doing colorwork and using duplicate stitch. I enjoyed doing colorwork, I don't know why I was so scared about trying it for so long. I did not enjoy doing duplicate stitch as I talked about in a previous post. I'm glad it's finished. When I finish all four of the stockings, I'll duplicate stitch the names on the top over the light sheep grey yarn. That way I can pick which stocking will go to whom, and do all the worst annoying stitching all together at once.

Overall, I loved this pattern and am very pleased with the results. I know there are parts where the tension isn't even and it's not perfect by any means, but I think it's pretty darn good for my first attempt at colorwork. I can't wait to get working on the other three stockings. After that I'll most likely return to my regularly scheduled lace knitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment