Wednesday, September 17, 2014

WIP Wednesday


I'm still plugging away on my stocking. This week I worked on two new-to-me techniques.

The first is duplicate stitch which totally kicked my butt. I'm not sure if it was because I''m still figuring out my tension with the colorwork, which made it hard to see the stitches I was trying to duplicate or I just am terrible at it. I'm also not crazy about how it makes the knitted item super heavy. I re-did it a few times to try to make it better. In the end, I decided to just do as best as I can and leave it. It's not going to be perfect, but it's not going to get any better. This is probably the least enjoyable part of knitting this stocking so far. And I still have more duplicate stitching to do at the very end of the project.

The second new-to-me technique was the short row heel. This wasn't difficult to do and was actually quite enjoyable after I got into the rhythm. The first few rows, I had to really concentrate on reading the directions and making sure I was following them correctly. After that, it was smooth sailing.

I think those were the most challenging bits of the pattern, now that I've turned the heel, it should be pretty straightforward from here on out.

No comments:

Post a Comment