Monday, September 1, 2014

Little Iris




Pattern: Little Iris from Anne Hanson (purchased from Patternfish)

Yarn: Neeley's Knits in Breaking Bad inspired "Hindenburg"

Needle Size: US 3

Started on: Aug. 21st

Finished on: Sept. 1st


Comments/Modifications: I made a modification to the pattern. In the original pattern there is a ridge that separates the two motifs. I didn't like how the ridge looked so I took it out so that it would flow better. I did this by knitting Section A the hem chart. Then I skipped the ridge section. And jumped into Section B the body chart. On the first row of the body chart I decreased 3 stitches on each side of the shawl. Then I knit 11 repeats instead 8 repeats of the body chart. I followed the instructions for the rest of the pattern.

I really love the hem motif, it's so elegant to look at. Overall, I'm very pleased with how this shawl turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment