Sunday, September 28, 2014

Shale Baby Blanket


 Pattern: Shale Baby Blanket from Brooklyn Tweed

Yarn: Cascade 220 Superwash 842 Iris

Started on: July 21st

Finished on: Sept. 14th

Comments/Modifications: I finished this awhile ago, but just never got around to taking photos of it until now.

I knit this pattern as written. I knit fewer repeats then the pattern calls for because I got bored knitting this. I like the pattern as it's very pretty and easily memorized, but it's super boring to knit. This totally killed my knitting mojo. I had to just knit a couple more repeats and bind off in order to get myself knitting again.

I know a lot of people love this yarn, but I feel very meh about it. Maybe it's my yarn snobby-ness coming through. It's a yarn that gets the job done and isn't terrible. The yarn is splitty, so even though the pattern was mindless, I had to pay attention to make sure I wasn't splitting the yarn.

No comments:

Post a Comment