Friday, May 23, 2014

FO Friday: Brush Creek Shawl


Pattern: Brush Creek Shawl from Carina Spencer

Yarn: Neeley's Knits Gradients in Purple Rain

Needles: US Size 6

Started on: May 15th

Finished on: May 20th

Comments/Modifications: I used a larger size needles than the pattern called for in hopes of using more yarn. Weirdly, I ended up using less yarn than what the pattern calls for. Either way, I ended up using only half the yarn I had. I really love the colors and am now completely obsessed with gradient yarns. Don't be surprised if you see me knitting up a few more gradient projects.

Overall the pattern was easy to follow and not too difficult. Parts of the pattern are mindless, although there were a couple of sections that required a lot of focus. All in all very enjoyable to knit with a satisfying result. I think the pattern and yarn combo worked well in this.

No comments:

Post a Comment