Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Stashdown: 2006 yarns (Part 2 of 2)

Here are the other 5 yarns in my stash from 2006.

7) Lorna's Laces Shepherd Worsted in Irving Park - I think I will knit a pair of worsted weight plain socks with this yarn.



8) Lorna's Laces Shepherd Worsted in Black Purl - I have two skeins of this yarn. The reason that this hasn't been knit up is because this is one of my favorite Lorna's Laces colorways. I keep thinking that the pattern I pick is not going to be good enough or worthy of this yarn. I think this is destined to become a scarf.




9) Rowan Wool Cotton - I used part of this yarn to knit a scarf. I don't have a lot of yardage left in this yarn. I think maybe it will be knitted into some sort of cowl.





10) Rowan Silk Wool DK - I have 6 skeins of this yarn. This yarn is so old, it's actually discontinued. I think maybe I'll make some sort of lacy scarf with it. This is another yarn where I was worried that whatever pattern I picked wouldn't be good enough. Now that the yarn is discontinued, there is even more pressure on picking the perfect pattern.



11) Rowan Kidsilk Haze in Heavenly - I have 6 skeins of this yarn. I also have more of this yarn in different colorways in my stash bought in 2007. Ha! This sticky crazy fuzzy mohair was the first lace yarn I was introduced to. I had no idea that there was way more awesome lace yarns at the time. This stuff is crazy to work with even though it does produce a beautiful halo. It's not fun to frog it and I don't particularly enjoy knitting with it. I think I'm going to have to break it up and knit a few different projects with it maybe a few scarves and a shawl.

No comments:

Post a Comment