Friday, May 16, 2014

FO Friday: Pendulum Shawl


Pattern: Pendulum Shawl

Yarn: Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks that Rock Lightweight in A Hazy Shade of Blue and Stonewash

Needles: US Size 6

Started on: May 1st

Finished on: May 15th

Comments and Modifications: I knit this as part of a KAL. I didn't do any of the fancy increases in the pattern. I used the basic KFB for my increases. Other than that I followed the pattern as best as I could. I did find the pattern to be a bit confusing to follow at first. It's written in paragraph form which makes it easy to mis-read and miss steps. After the first few stripes, it got a lot easier to see what was happening with the pattern and to read my own knitting.

On the Rav pattern page, it says that you need approx 340 yards of the main color. I found this to be incorrect. I had 405 yards of yarn for the main color and I still ran short of yarn during the bind off. I was lucky enough to have another skein of the same yarn in my stash, so I had to open it to finish up the last row of this shawl. It's a bit annoying to have to open up a brand new skein just for this, but (to me) it's better than having to frog back a row and a half when you are so close to being done.

The yarn was lovely to work with. It's a very sturdy yarn that comes in beautiful colors. I think the two colors I picked ended up go well together. I wasn't 100% sure it would look good together. I sometimes have a hard time picturing how colors go together or it doesn't always turn out the way I think it well. Even after blocking this shawl is smaller than I generally like my shawls to be. I'll most likely end up giving this one away. This was my first KAL, it was fun. I think I will try to join in more of them in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment