Friday, May 30, 2014

FO Friday: Holden Shawlette

Pattern: Holden Shawlette from Mindy Wilkes

Yarn: Neeley's Knits Gradients in Purple Rain

Needles: US Size 6

Started on: May 21st

Finished on: May 28th


Comments/Modifications: I used the leftover yarn I had from the Brush Creek Shawl to knit this. I took out the two extra stitches in the middle repeat of each side of the second section. It didn't make sense to have them there and taking them out makes the repeats the same all the way across the shawl. This just seemed to flow better. I knit an extra repeat of the lace pattern. At the end of the shawl instead of two rows of garter, I knit six rows of garter stitch. This was the first time I did a picot bind off. It was explained well and easy to execute. I may have misjudged the amount of yarn needed for the picot bind off and therefore ran out of the darkest purple yarn. I had to resort to using the very little yarn I had remaining of the second darkest purple for the last third of the picot bind off. Let's call that an artistic choice. Overall, the pattern was easy to follow and a quick straightforward knit.

No comments:

Post a Comment