Friday, May 9, 2014

FO Friday: Motte Shawl


Pattern: Motte Shawl from Mimknit's Twist and Knit Collection 1


Yarn: Neeley's Knits DK weight Frozen Inspired "Elsa"

Needles: US Size 8

Started on: April 24th

Finished on: May 2nd

Comments/Modification: Even though I finished this shawl last Friday, I didn't get around to blocking and taking photos of it until this week.

This pattern has an interesting construction. It's knit from side to side. I really like that the pattern also helps to maximize the amount of yarn you have by giving percentages.

I really love how this shawl turned out. After blocking, it actually grew bigger than I expected. I'm very pleased with the size it ended up being. I love the motif and I think this Neeley Knit's yarn really suits the pattern.

This was my first time using BFL yarn and it's the softest and loveliest yarn ever. I'm also starting to really appreciate DK weight. I tend to go for lace or fingering weight most often. I'm starting to see the upside of knitting with DK weight, it knits up so quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment