Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Another WIP Wednesday


Tulips Cardigan -  Last time, I was trying to decide on what color to use for the border. I got a great suggestion from a knitterly friend to use grey for the border. Because of the little ones, I find it much easier to just buy the yarn then dig through my stash to find a grey yarn that will match well (in weight and fiber content and color).

I actually stepped foot inside my LYS, probably for the first time in five years. There's nothing wrong with my LYS, it's just I've always found it more convenient and cheaper to buy online. I know I know... I should support my LYS more, and I'll keep that in mind in the future.

Anyway, I was able to find some lovely Mountain Colors Bearfoot in light grey to finish the border. I didn't do the border in the pattern, because I'm not a huge fan of knitting seed stitch. So I chose to do a 2 x 2 rib instead.

I actually should be even further along, but I had to rip the sleeves back, because I didn't do the math. I just decided to knit whatever length stripes I wanted to. I don't really know what I was thinking when I did that. And then when I got to the fourth stripe, I realized the sleeve was going to be way too short. So... rip...rip... rip.... Then I actually did the math, and now hopefully my calculations and knitting will match up and things will work out.

The sleeves are slow because I've had to switch over to DPNs and my size 5 DPNs are Susan Bates ones. I really don't like how clunky and heavy these needles are. That's what I get for buying cheapo needles from the generic crafting store (many years ago). I don't use size 5 DPNs enough to justify getting a nicer pair, so these will have to do.

Fern and Fairies socks -  I know it looks like I'm in the same spot, I was in the last time, but I'm not! These are the beginnings of the second sock! Yay! These are knitting up quickly as it's sports weight yarn. I'm knitting my favorite 3 x 1 ribbed socks.


No comments:

Post a Comment