Friday, January 1, 2016

Moon Shadows Shawl

 Happy New Year!

This is my last finished item of 2015!

Pattern: Moon Shadows designed by Romi Hill

Size: Large

Yarn: Main Color is: The Periwinkle Sheep in Silky Single in the colorway The Rising of the Moon

Contrast Color is: The Periwinkle Sheep in Silky Single in the colorway Ominous

Needles: US Size 5

Started on: Dec. 7th

Finished on: Dec. 29th

Comments: This is my "M" for my Lace A-Z Challenge. This means I'm officially halfway done with my challenge! Woohoo! The pattern was clearly written and fun to knit. The yarn was so soft and squishy. I really enjoy knitting with single ply. I know it tends to not be as strong and long lasting, but I think in a shawl it's just fine. I really love knitting with it. And I love The Periwinkle Sheep. The colors it comes in are simply stunning! I did run out of yarn on the contrasting color because I estimated the yardage I would need wrong. The dyer was kind enough to send me some more yarn, so that I could finish my project. My favorite motif in the shawl is the hem border. This shawl I'm going to keep for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment