Friday, September 20, 2013

FO Friday: Artichaut


 Pattern: Artichaut from Anne Hanson and Twist Collective

Yarn: Briar Rose Sea Pearl in Colorway 556

Needles: US Size 7

Started on: Aug. 30th

Finished on: Sept. 18th

Comments/Modifications: I did end up running out of yarn with two rows left to knit. I have another skein of this yarn in the same color way that I'm using for another project. I ended up using some of that yarn to finish up this shawl. There are no dye lots for this yarn, but I think it ended up matching up very well.

This is my first project for the Lace A-Z Challenge. Due to shortage of yarn, I ended up knitting 5.5 repeats of the main body - which is an in-between size. It still turned out way bigger than I expected.

The Briar Rose Sea Pearl yarn is very luxurious, shiny and soft. On the other hand, I found the yarn to be a bit splitty and slippery especially because I used metal needles. Overall, the yarn's good qualities outweigh the bad.



This pattern was challenging because there was patterning on the wrong side. I had to concentrate and refer to the chart often during knitting. There was a good number of p2tog through the back loops. Also I chose to knit this in a dark color, which made it slow and difficult to see and knit with at night. I am pleased with how it turned out. I think the yarn and pattern compliment each other very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment