Thursday, September 12, 2013

Snowflakes in Cedarwood


Pattern: Snowflakes in Cedarwood from Knitspot

Yarn: Fearless Fibers Lace weight in Hoarfrost

Needles: US Size 3

Started on: July 14, 2012

Finished on: Sept. 9, 2013

Comments/Modifications: I knit this as written. The pattern itself was not difficult. It held my interest because there are many different motifs and it did not repeat. The construction of the project is knit from the center outwards. And it ends with a knitted on border, which for me, was the slowest part and took the longest chunk of knitting time. This is one of my favorite Knitspot patterns. I really hope that one day Anne will design a stole version of this pattern. My favorite motif in this pattern is the snowflakes. The results are fantastic! It also turned out huge. In the photo the shawl/square is laid out on my Queen sized bed.



I learned that when knitting on such a big project, you should use more than one circular knitting needle. I had all the stitches on one knitting needle for awhile and my knitting needle snapped from the pressure of all the stitches on it. It's not fun to try to collect 300 + stitches back onto a knitting needle.


The yarn I used is Fearless Fibers Lace weight. I love this yarn and the colors in comes in. Too bad Deb no longer dyes yarn, so I can't get more of this stuff. Luckily, I have quite a stash of Fearless Fibers yarns. I have enough to last a good long time.

1 comment: